[ih] OSI and alternate reality

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Mar 15 06:34:15 PDT 2024

On 15/03/2024 10:19, David Sitman via Internet-history wrote:
> Would we have seen the same rapid and universal adoption of computer
> networking with OSI? Could the Web have flourished? Would address space and
> security issues be alleviated? Would "OSI on Everything" have become a meme?

Having actually used X.3, X.21, X.25, X.400, X.500... sorry, let me
re-phrase this... having actually struggled with the aforementioned X.
based services and also programmed stacks according to these protocols a
loooong time ago, my prediction of a Green Internet based on computing
networking with OSI would be resumed as this:

Kindest regards,

Olivier