[ih] early networking

Leonard Kleinrock lk at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Apr 30 14:17:20 PDT 2024

Steve,

Right on re Wes and the IMP idea.  It is notable that Wes (and Charles Molnar) created the LINC minicomputer in 1961/1962 and this probably influenced Wes in championing the idea of offloading functionality to small special purpose computers.  Side note: Wes was my supervisor at Lincoln Lab when I was a grad student at MIT and was an amazing leader and innovator.
Len