[ih] early networking

Leonard Kleinrock lk at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Apr 20 13:40:09 PDT 2024

Matt,

more about that event.”, I expect you know, but in case not, as far as I recall,  there were folks who were pushing for real-time traffic support and thus to split IP from TCP early on.  In particular, I recall the work of Danny Cohen, et al, and his work on Network Voice Protocol (up and running in 1973) and his promoting the split.  For example, here is a video of Danny discussing the early days and the history of real time voice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av4KF1j-wp4.

Len