[ih] Robustness Principle and End-to-End Principle

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 16:11:08 PDT 2024

I am looking into the history of the Robustness Principle and the End-to-End Principle.  I have found 2 significant dates.  One is the mention of the Robustness Principle in RFC 761(DoD TCP Spec) dated 1980, and the paper dated 1981 by Jerry Seltzer, David Reed, and Dave Clark on the End-to-End Principle.  I am trying to go earlier than those dates.  These principles guided the work in the 70s so I am looking for information about that time period (or earlier?) and these principles.  Any thoughts, recollections, or references?, including dates/timeframes, greatly appreciated.
barbara