[ih] Archiving Internet history

touch at strayalpha.com touch at strayalpha.com
Thu Feb 16 14:45:57 PST 2023

Hi, all,

> On Feb 16, 2023, at 2:31 PM, John Levine via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
>
> It appears that Jack Haverty via Internet-history <jack at 3kitty.org> said:
>> Isn't contacting libraries something that isoc should do?  I think it hosts other mailing lists that may also be of historical
>> interest related to the Internet and therefore worth archiving.
>
> ISOC only hosts this list because I was on the board and asked them to
> do it, and they agreed it seemed like a reasonable idea. They are not
> normally in the history business.
>
> While I agree that this list is worth archiving, I think somone who
> does archiving should do it, not yet another thing on ISOC's plate.

Agreed. Note that there are several things people are seeking:
- a way to archive this list
- a way to archive resources related to this list, but not strictly on the list itself (additional URLs or large uploads)

I just run the list; if anyone finds either a way to archive it or a place we can post other items, I would be glad to link this list and its info page to that mechanism…

Joe