[ih] Installed base momentum (was Re: Design choices in SMTP)

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 11:59:39 PST 2023

On 12-Feb-23 06:42, Bob Hinden via Internet-history wrote:

<snip>

> I used to like saying that ATM was like ATM machines except that you only were allowed to put money in :-)

Oh, I simply have to quote this from my book:

"I laughed at a press cutting from a Dutch computer industry
newspaper, wherein the journalist reported me as saying that the future of high
speed networking would be based on the 'gelduitbetalingsautomaat', the Dutch
term for Automated Teller Machine."

I no longer have the cutting, but this was probably late 1992 or early 1993.

    Brian