[ih] IETF relevance (was Memories of Flag Day?)

Charles H. Sauer sauer at technologists.com
Wed Aug 30 20:32:19 PDT 2023

I joined IBM Research at Yorktown in March 1975, in a group that focused on analyzing network performance. I inquired about Arpanet access and was strongly discouraged. IBM Almaden Research Almaden was established in the 1980s, IIRC, but it is plausible that people at the predecessor IBM Research facility in San Jose would have gotten involved in TCP.

--
voice: +1.512.784.7526       e-mail: sauer at technologists.com <mailto:sauer at technologists.com>
fax: +1.512.346.5240         web: https://technologists.com/sauer/ <http://technologists.com/sauer/>