[ih] IETF relevance (was Memories of Flag Day?)

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Wed Aug 30 19:36:27 PDT 2023

IBM made a tentative attempt to get involved in the Arpanet sometime around 1972 or 1973.  IIRC, Doug McKay visited the office and said he had a proposal but he couldn’t show it to us.  Nothing came of it, but they were clearly trying to find a way in.  I think this was from Yorktown Research, but I may be remembering incorrectly.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone