[ih] Memories of Flag Day?

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Fri Aug 18 13:49:42 PDT 2023

This has been discussed many time before on this list. Mail was officially introduced into FTP in March 1973. However, there were earlier versions and quite quickly the direction of the NWG was to replicate on the ARPANET the facilities found in most timesharing systems, that is where TELNET, FTP, and RJE came from and mail was one. I remember Steve Crocker showing up near the end of the March FTP meeting and saying, ‘put in mail before you leave.’ ;-) or words to that effect.

As for hyperlinks, NLS was a hypertext system by design and demonstrated at NCC in 1968.

Take care,
John