[ih] On queueing from len

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Wed Oct 5 13:29:54 PDT 2022

On October 5, 2022 16:01:29 Bill Ricker via Internet-history
<internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:

>> Some of these guys have happily adopted my “unusual” spelling of “queueing”
>> with the extra “e” since I loved the idea of it being the only word in
>> english with 5 vowels in a row (if you spell it the British way, which is
>> why I chose the British spelling).
>
> I am unreasonably pleased that this was intentional Britishism for this
> especially nerdy purpose !
> (Among my harmless sins is using 'perl' extended regular expressions to
> cheat at word puzzles.)

how odd, and i apologize since this is not a forum for this kind
of quibbling, but what is "british" about queue?   it came from the
french {yes, via england since they was no "america" when it was
borrowed} but there's no other spelling of "queue" that i know of.
and no other word that means queue

/b\
                    Bernie Cosell
          bernie at fantasyfarm.com