[ih] two letter follies, was Internet should be in private hands

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Dec 7 17:46:03 PST 2022

> And why given the political organizations involved, it was odd that
> someone didn’t catch that GB wasn’t the designation of the political
> entity.

>> So what about AQ?  BV?  AX? GP, MQ, GF, and PM?

Antarctica is not a political entity.  The Aland islands are part of
Finland.  Guadeloupe, Martinique, and St Pierre are islands that are part
of France, French Guiana is a chunk of South America that is also part of
France.*  I don't know all the history of 3166 but it's definitely not
just a list of political entities.

R's,
John

* - and is why the answer to "what is the distance from France to Brazil"
is zero