[ih] Internet should be in private hands

Scott Bradner sob at sobco.com
Mon Dec 5 17:31:42 PST 2022

The post office did have a soft of email service for a while 0 you sent them an email for someone an they
would print it out and deliver it as a regular postal mail - they put a lot of money into it but it did not last all that long

I have read in multiple places that some people in the post office wanted to make the argument that email was
mail and since the post office had exclusive authority to deliver mail then the post office should have exclusive
authority to run email systems & deliver email - but I have never been able to track down any actual
backup documentation to that effect - it would be great if anyone on this list knew anything solid about it

Scott