[ih] "The Internet runs on Proposed Standards"

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Sat Dec 3 13:34:01 PST 2022

Thanks, Carsten.  I agree there are exceptions.  Probably many of
them.   I was just trying to point out a historical ongoing trend.

I just looked a bit at HTTP/3.  Read the Wikipedia entry which implies
it's at a very early stage of deployment.  Saw a reference "A first look
at HTTP/3 adoption and performance"  which I thought might give some
indication of how the deployment is going,who's driving it, what
improvements I might experience, how I can tell if my network stuff is
using it, etc.

The abstract is interesting.  Sadly, the paper itself is paywalled.
Just like OSI.

Sigh,
Jack