[ih] "The Internet runs on Proposed Standards"

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Thu Dec 1 18:39:58 PST 2022

Brian is pretty much right - the "draft" step was to try to assure that
independently implemented instances of a protocol would interwork
successfully as a way of judging the quality of the spec. Copying the ISO
sequence seemed reasonable at the time. Pragmatically, we have tended to
deploy even soon than "draft" would imply.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 9:16 PM Brian E Carpenter via Internet-history <