[ih] Mike Karels has died

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Tue Jun 4 17:53:00 PDT 2024

additional information, sharing with permission:

Mike was at the train station in Ottawa, coming home from BSDCan, where he
collapsed.  The police where there, they did CPR and a defibrillator and
got him stable, and transported him to the hospital.  There he had another
event, more CPR and another defibrillator, but they were unsuccessful and
he died.

He is still in Canada, there’s a lot of red tape when an American dies
abroad, Teri doesn’t know yet when his body will come home.  The funeral
home has been a big help.

His funeral will be in Eden Prarie, at Pax Christi Catholic Church, the
date is still TBD.

Teri’s email is teri at karels.net
Home: 952-949-3438
Cell: 952-240-6171

Her address is 14991 Williamsburg Court, Eden Prarie, MN 55347-1523

On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 3:18 PM vinton cerf via Internet-history <