[ih] Mike Karels has died

Allison Mankin allison.mankin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 13:49:45 PDT 2024

Vint,

thanks for sharing this. It’s very sad.

Mike worked with Van Jacobson and was a key person mitigating the 1986 TCP
Congestion collapse and  quickly rolling out Slow Start Congestion
Avoidance. He was a super congenial person to work with during those
stressful times.  As were all of the UCB TCP folks…

Allison

On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 15:18 vinton cerf via Internet-history <