[ih] Politics behind the Internet

Leonard Kleinrock lk at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Jul 21 14:16:13 PDT 2024

Good point. Al Gore Jr. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore> promoted all things Internet for many years while in congress (1977-1993) and during that time, as noted, he introduced and championed the High Performance Computing Act of 1991 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Performance_Computing_Act_of_1991> after hearing a presentation by yours truly in 1988 of the CSTB report “Toward a National Research Network”  <https://nap.nationalacademies.org/read/10334/chapter/1> ; if you look at the list of committee members of this1988 report, you will find a number of the same folks who are on this mailing list!
Len