[ih] Politics behind the Internet

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 13:30:21 PDT 2024

There was a lot of overlap with the political interest in high performance
computing. In particular, the US High-Performance Computing Act of 1991
(a.k.a. The Gore Bill) has a whole section on "National Research and
Education Network".

A good reference is "Building Information Infrastructure", Brian Kahin (editor),
ISBN 0-390-03083X-X, 1992.

Regards
    Brian Carpenter