[ih] Dave Mills has passed away

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 05:06:31 PST 2024

Some discussion on hackernews: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=39051246

I did not know he invented the 16-pulse "tactical Loran-C" during the
Vietnam War.

And, to the Jim Croce tune

If I could save time in a protocol
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away

Just to spend them with you

On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 6:37 AM "Patrik Fältström" via
Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:

> On 19 Jan 2024, at 2:35, vinton cerf via Internet-history wrote:
>
> > His daughter, Leigh, just sent me the news that Dave passed away peacefully on January 17, 2024. He was such an iconic element of the early Internet.
> > Network Time Protocol, the Fuzzball routers of the early NSFNET, INARG taskforce lead, COMSAT Labs and University of Delaware and so much more.
> >
> > R.I.P.
>
> Indeed... :-(
>
> Patrik

40 years of net history, a couple songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9RGX6QFm5E
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos