[ih] Tell me about host names and 3com

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 18:20:21 PST 2024

Yes but, but, 1123 is *host* requirements and 952 was about /etc/hosts.

(FYA, I just checked and Windows 10 allows entries in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts that start with a digit.)

1123 didn't update 1035, which is about domain names. Maybe that should be submitted as an erratum.

(Yes, I did read some of the namedroppers thread that was cited, and the argument about whether host names are different from domain names is hardly new.)

Regards
    Brian