[ih] Early History of the Internet

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 19:06:55 PST 2024

 I believe this was the late 80s.  I wish I could remember more about what  TCP version, implementation and host we were using.  I am pretty sure we also mentioned this in some kind of  report to the client (CECOM  at Fort Monmouth).  I think the demo design was more about showing progress in the implementation of the protocol suite in the packet applique, i.e. just basic functionality of passing user data packets.  FYI the packet applique was a separate hardware/controller box to SINCGARs which had all the packet radio networking support.
I am going through stuff in my garage so if I can find more info about the SINCGARs project I can perhaps nail down the dates better. I will let you know.
barbara