[ih] Early History of the Internet

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 09:57:43 PST 2024

 Having trouble posting to the mailing list again.  Hope there are no duplicates. (Also I haven't gotten Joly MacFie's email yet)
While poking around for old papers,  I found the dtic link to DDN Protocol Handbook Volume III. In the past I have had trouble locating things there so I thought I would send it along.
https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/tr/pdf/ADA166326.pdf

Also I tripped on this website which looks like it could be interesting.
https://historydraft.com/story/history-of-internet/timeline/526

Lots of other topics covered on the site.
barbara
    On Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 05:11:29 AM PST, Dave Crocker via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:

 On 1/9/2024 9:12 PM, Joly MacFie wrote:
> I've always thought that this was kind of a key paradox, that the
> Internet's diversity was enabled by a common root.

And it is not as if there haven't been active efforts to find a viable
alternative.

d/

--
Dave Crocker