[ih] Porn on the net

Douglas Lucas dal at riseup.net
Mon Sep 19 16:35:34 PDT 2022

This 2014 blog post by Heather Marsh, "The other Battle for the
Internet," discusses the unfortunate influence of pedo groups such as
the Pedophile Information Exchange on the early Internet, their using
cryptography and so on to hide their sharing of child abuse
documentation ("child porn").
https://georgiebc.wordpress.com/2014/11/08/the-other-battle-for-the-internet/
At the time of the writing, the battle between pedos and non-pedos was
being overlooked in favor of the higher profile battle between
investigative journalists and surveillance entities like the NSA. More
context may be found here:
https://georgiebc.wordpress.com/2019/06/18/wikileaks-data-justice-and-a-new-internet/