[ih] Porn on the net

Grant Taylor internet-history at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Sep 19 13:36:17 PDT 2022

On 9/19/22 2:17 PM, Dave Taht via Internet-history wrote:
> Prior to the advent of the vcr, where would porn on the arpanet have
> come from? Scanners? 8mm films? ASCII art?

There were VCR like capabilities /before/ the VCR.  The VCR & Bewtamax
as specific technologies, were for recording / playback / time shifting
at the home / residential level.  Businesses had counterparts before that.

I'm told that there were also movie houses that played traditional
cellulose movies.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die