[ih] Chat room and forum archives

Greg Skinner gregskinner0 at icloud.com
Thu Sep 1 22:01:59 PDT 2022

On Aug 31, 2022, at 4:28 PM, Leo Vegoda <leo at vegoda.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 4:08 PM Ole Jacobsen via Internet-history
> <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
>>
>> I don't know about "chat rooms" exactly, but mailing lists have been around since the ARPANET days, wine-lovers, sf-lovers, etc, not to mention Usenet news groups. On ANY topic?.
>
> Also look for usenet archives of discussion in alt.invest
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Leo

There was a misc.invest newsgroup with several subgroups also.  The earliest message I found from it on Google Groups is from 1986.

Incidentally, a misc.invest thread I found from 1987 <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.invest/c/rZiC3GIPQPs/m/hynzWGihvg0J> contains a post from John B. Nagle.  I don’t know offhand if it is the same John B. Nagle of RFC896 and RFC970.

—gregbo