[ih] History of duplicate address tests

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Tue Nov 29 13:10:42 PST 2022

John Kristoff asks about duplicate address detection, and mentions his
work on that problem on Token Ring networks.

I just searched our rfc*.txt archives, and found scores of files that
match (ignoring case) "duplicate *address"; the earliest are these
five:

	rfc1231.txt
	rfc1285.txt
	rfc1512.txt
	rfc1513.txt
	rfc1743.txt

The first of those is about John's Token Ring example, and dates from
May 1991.  The fifth is from December 1994.

- University of Utah                                                          -