[ih] The linux router project and wifi routers

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Thu Nov 3 15:52:24 PDT 2022

On 11/3/2022 8:07 AM, Guy Almes wrote:
>   The more interesting thing would be why they were upset at cisco.
> Particularly given Tom's account stating that cisco had received a
> license during 1986.

Well, again, I only have rumor to work on.  The rumor was that Len was a
work-for-hire employee and took the Stanford software without
authorization or any legitimate claim.

Assuming that rumor has any merit, the overlap about a license would be
some form of compensation to Stanford to authorize the license.  I'd
expect stock to be the only available choice, at that stage of the company.

And did I mention that I have no direct knowledge of any of this...?

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking