[ih] SMTP History

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Mon Mar 28 20:08:15 PDT 2022

Interesting.   Do you remember... Was Steve an ARPA Program Manager at
the time?  I.e., was adding mail to FTP an order or a suggestion?   Did
he say anything about why Mail had to be in FTP? Were there any FTP
implementations already functional with some form of MAIL command
implemented that Steve wanted to become ubiquitous?   /Jack