[ih] Speaking of Minitel: Here's an oldie NO one remembers

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 13:02:48 PDT 2022

Reminds me of the ICL "One Per Desk" (yes, that was the name of the product).

Computer? No. Word Processor? No. Telephone? No. In fact, after the sales
pitch I still didn't know what it was or why I'd ever want one (even the
free ones that the rep was offering to CERN as a trial). In all seriousness,
we couldn't see the slightest use for it. In particular, it had no network
connection (except a phone line), so it was a hard sell to a networking
group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Per_Desk
(Worth reading the "Legacy" section.)

Oh, and a Google search for "Office Humanation" found the ad, no trouble:
Page 65 at http://www.bitsavers.org/magazines/Datamation/198402.pdf
It also found a Computerworld ad and other related stuff, e.g.
https://bizstanding.com/p/the+office+humanation+company-106997146

Regards
    Brian Carpenter