[ih] "History of Computer Communications"

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Mar 25 15:04:41 PDT 2022

Hi I'd like to point everyone at Jim Pelkey's online book "History of Computer
Communications":

  https://historyofcomputercommunications.info/

Everyone should review sections that cover stuff they lived through, and send
in updates. E.g. in reading the section on Proteon:

  https://historyofcomputercommunications.info/section/14.18/proteon/

I discovered a number of issues with that chapter; probably explained by
limited sources, which didn't cover in detail the background at LCS which to
Proteon's products.

I am writing up a moderate-length note which covers the early work on rings
and routers at LCS, and will send it to Jim's collaborator, Loring Robbins,
who expressed an interest on my elucidations on the 'C Gateway'. (If anyone
here is interested in seeing those notes, I can send them along, which would
also put them in the archive here for public availability.)

Anyway, everyone else should check it out and lend a hard with improving it!

	Noel