[ih] GOSIP & compliance

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 01:18:11 PDT 2022

 I didn't have any significant OSI projects but I think I was asked to demonstrate brand C had  support.  It was a very small task for me so my memory is very hazy about the effort. ( I am guessing it was probably for the Army under that task order Agreement I mentioned earlier).
I wasn't sure what I could use for the demonstration but luckily I  knew that I could get the code to NeVoT (Network Voice Tool but it also had video support).  I started to poke around at the software and I had some questions I sent to Henning Schulzrinne about what I was trying to do. Luckily for me, Henning offered to modify the code to use the OSI stack instead of just TCP/IP.    I was able to show the application working.
FYI, I think vic and vat are better known but I don't think I had access to the source code at the time (I also don't remember the timeframe well enough to verify these applications existed yet but I think they did).
barbara

    On Friday, March 18, 2022, 03:01:58 PM PDT, Tony Li via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2022, at 2:45 PM, Michael Grant via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
>
> And there wasn’t a single router that routed CLNP.  Did one ever exist?

Yes.  Brand C had a CLNP stack, including an IS-IS implementation an a CLNP version of their in-house proprietary routing protocol.  They did not have an implementation of IDRP, so it wasn’t a full stack, but it was deployable.

Tony