[ih] GOSIP & compliance

Bob Purvy bpurvy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 19:13:57 PDT 2022

Thanks, Vint.

This illustrates why I'm not writing a *history* of internetworking! It's
already been written.

Now, what your average network admin or system designer thought of all
this, and did when he/she had to choose: that part isn't done.

A friend of mine recalls:

*Very early days, and I get into an elevator.  Inside is a guy dressed like
a pimp:  open shirt, chains, sleazy looking.  We start talking and I soon
learn he’s actually a techie and seems pretty smart.  And he’s starting a
firm!  He says it’s called “girls.com <http://girls.com/>”.  *
*I ask him what it does.  And he said it will deliver porn to the web.*
*That was a genuinely new idea for me.  And I recalled thinking:  naked
women on the internet?  Would that work?  Was there a market for such a
thing?  *

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 5:34 PM Vint Cerf via Internet-history <