[ih] ARPANET pioneer Jack Haverty says the internet was never finished

Scott Brim scott.brim at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 12:53:49 PST 2022

A little earlier than that, we wanted to do multicast for CU-SeeMe. I was a
proponent of L3 multicast but it was just so much simpler to do "something
like" multicast at the application layer, cruising over whatever
environment lower layers gave us, dynamically adjusting compression to fit
throughput on each subtree, etc.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 1:49 PM Louis Mamakos via Internet-history <