[ih] ARPANET pioneer Jack Haverty says the internet was never finished

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Thu Mar 3 12:31:31 PST 2022

Noel Chiappa via Internet-history wrote:
>      > From: Michael Grant
>
>      > The address space (224.0.0.0 to 239.255.255.255) was very small, I
>      > never understood how that was supposed to work in a global context.
>
> The whole Internet is an _experiment_ that grew out out of control.

Well, that can be said of pretty much anything new.  For that matter it
can be said about life, the universe, and everything. :-)

> 	Noel

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown