[ih] NCP (was: Separation of TCP and IP)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue Jun 28 14:08:54 PDT 2022

> But the *format* doesn't really have an acronymic name, although I've
> seen it called RFC822 often enough (and RFC2822, RFC5322 much less).

This appears to have been why RFC733 was left out of the DDN protocol
handbook.  And yes, I'm serious.

Learning from that experience, when the work on defining a means of
doing email attachment got underway, my primary contribution to the
effort was forcefully Telling Nathaniel Borenstein that he needed to
create a name for the capability.  Possibly an acronym but best it iis
pronounceable.  Hence... MIME.

d/

--
Dave Crocker