[ih] Separation of TCP and IP

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Jun 27 13:43:20 PDT 2022

    > From: Alex McKenzie

    > "NCP" stood for BOTH Network Control Program and Network Control
    > Protocol, though never in the same document.

Really? I did a search for "Network Control Protocol" in early RFC's (I
cheated, and used 'site:rfc-editor.org' in a Google search), and the earliest
I found (admittedly, not with the most rigorous search technique) was
RFC-772, "Mail Transfer Protocol", from September 1980 (i.e. well after
TCP-4, in September 1978), by Sluizer and Postel.

	Noel