[ih] Status of RFCs that were not IETF RFCs

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Jan 21 19:57:12 PST 2022

It appears that Greg Skinner via Internet-history <gregskinner0 at icloud.com> said:
>I thought I should call attention to these discussions since several participants of this list authored or edited RFCs that fall into this category and/or might be able to
>provide valuable input.

If you are an author of pre-1998 RFCs and you have not granted a
license to the IETF Trust, speaking for the trust, we would really
appreciate it if you did.

I can provide the form. It's very simple, you provide a non-exclusive
license to whatever rights you have in RFC whatever, so we and the
IETF can use its text in future IETF documents.

R's,
John