[ih] misc questions about 1970s/1980s contracts and funding

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 12:22:39 PST 2022

 I am not familiar with the contract side of the work.  At least at SRI, we had people whose job was devoted to this and I only occasionally interacted with them. I do have a memory of something that you might find useful for question #3.
I believe SRI had something that might have been called a Task Order(ing)? Agreement at one point.  I think it was with the Army (CECOM), and it may have provided a way to perform work without having to write a full proposal every time.  I think the actual contract had a fixed duration and a funding ceiling.  There was no obligation on the part of the military/government.   I don't remember the mechanism well enough but I think we just had to provide a statement of work and cost, and they would decide whether to approve/accept it. I don't know if there were any restrictions regarding the subject matter. My memory is very foggy and spotty on this topic.
barbara