[ih] STD 7, RFC 9293 on Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Wed Aug 24 16:07:36 PDT 2022

Ole Jacobsen via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
> ConneXions - The Interoperability Report was published monthly from
> 1987 through 1996. The Charles Babbage Institute at the University of
> Minnesota has scanned the complete collection of ConneXions (117
> issues) and it is now available here:
> https://cse.umn.edu/cbi/hosted-publications

I followed the link, and, wow.  ConneXions is not available there.  It
is available VIA a link from there to a cryptic URL at Google Drive.

So a university has scanned in some key Internet history, and is now
storing it for public access only via Google Drive?  Not only is it a
painful interface (not having a Google account, nor enabling Google
javascript nor any Google cookies, I have still been unable to download
nor read any of the issues).  But more important, someday it will just go
poof, at the discretion of a company that cares only about monetizing
your eyeballs, and all that history will be lost.

	John