[ih] Holly

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Fri Sep 3 13:01:47 PDT 2021

Some of the "mailing lists" (groups, forums, whatever) that I get have
similar links at the bottom of each message.   But the link is supplied
for "managing your account", and only works if you're already a member
and supply your associated password to that site. Since my browser
remembers such passwords and I'm invisibly logged in, it's often hard to
tell if non-members can use the same link I use or need some other
instructions to join.

I couldn't remember if this list behaves that way or not.

This seems like another example of silo-ization in the mailing
functionality of the Internet, in that the techniques for "mailing
lists" have never been standardized.   Or if they have, it hasn't been
followed uniformly.

/Jack