[ih] "The First Router" on Jeopardy

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Nov 27 06:53:27 PST 2021

    > From: Scott Brim

    > I'm just going to toss something in here from 1651. .... There is
    > nothing new under the sun etc.

Indeed; along similar lines is this quotation:

  "I am far from thinking that nomenclature is a remedy for every defect in
  art or science: still I cannot but feel that confusion of terms generally
  springs from, and always leads to, confusion of ideas."

	-- John Louis Petit, "Architectural Studies in France", 1854

which a friend mine found several decades (sigh) back. To your last
observation, this one is 'only' from 1854!

	Noel