[ih] My 2013 paper on the History of the Internet

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 18:07:09 PST 2021

"In December 1990 Tim Berners-Lee (1955– ), an
American computer scientist working at the European
Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), demonstrated
a system..."

I've never met anyone more British than Tim, I don't think.

By the way, where does the December 1990 date come from?
I'm looking at pages 29-31 of Tim's book, and it confirms
what I remember - he and Robert Cailliau didn't start showing
the Web to other people until the beginning of 1991. I was
a beta user of Nicola Pellow's CLI browser (and its killer
app, access to the CERN phone book) from early 1991, although
I can't put an exact date on it.

Regards
    Brian Carpenter