[ih] Museum-quality archive for this list?

wfms at wfms.org wfms at wfms.org
Tue Nov 16 08:18:38 PST 2021

I had quite an interesting discussion while sorting through some materials
(mostly digital) with a profesional (non-techie) archivist.

After quite discussion over what MTBF, digital storage methods,
longevities of various media, etc. it got to the point where we both
looked around...lots of boxes full of pulp - some of it going back 2-3
centuries, still accessible.

We found a printer.

To get fancier, could have made a preservation copy as well as a
consultation copy.  Even fancier, sent the 8.5" x 14" off for binding.

That's not to say paper-bound i or isn't a step backwards, and nothing
beats feeding digital data into a search engine indexer - but at least
some semblance of indexing into the various volumes also not paper-bound
may help.  It all depends.