[ih] Intel 4004 vs the IMP

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 11:56:40 PST 2021

Not sure what HP calculator they were looking at but ENIAC as far as I know
was hardly programmable and it was more time down on maintenance than
running, perhaps UNIVAC 1?

Also for the comparison I'd use off the shelf micros, there were not that
many in the early 70's.

I remember the BBN working on a PDP-11 based router and later when Bob
Hinden joined they got one done with the LSI-11, but that was around
1981-1983.

In the mid 80's and the era of Interop a lot of stuff started to show up.I
remember Excelan using 80186 to run TCP/IP on ISA boards,

Cheers
Jorge

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 12:19 PM Dave Crocker via Internet-history <