[ih] Saving IETF history

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Wed May 12 20:21:43 PDT 2021

Thanks for the story, Jack.

Given how much of a believer in good public documentation i am, however curious:

Was the functionality in question well enough publically documented with
according early dates ? I suspect not befcause i would be surprised if the documentation
would not have been good enough, if it existed. After all, most patents are also graanted
without evidence that they work, so its patenting of concept, not evidence
thereof (which might have been different in decades before my time though..).

Cheers
    Toerless