[ih] Internet-history Digest, Vol 20, Issue 4

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Sat May 8 19:02:47 PDT 2021

On 5/8/2021 6:32 PM, Marc Weber via Internet-history wrote:
> We’ve had some exploratory discussions with ISOC and IETF over the years about preserving other materials and remain keen

As long as this group is focused on this general topic, I'll repeat a
concern I raised some years ago, when the IETF was (first?) in
discussions with ISI and CHM about original materials:

    Saving the RFCs is obvious.  What appears to be less obvious and,
IMO, is just as important in historical terms, is /all/ of the
IETF-related work materials.  Drafts.  Mailing list archives.  Session
notes.  Everything.

d/

--
Dave Crocker