[ih] network games, was Re: Fwd: How Plato Influenced the Internet

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Fri Jun 11 11:06:42 PDT 2021

Thanks for the pointers.

Yes, mud is also a vivid memory. I set up the mud at my university in the late 80th,
but within a year or so, we decided to take it down because we had some students
getting addicted and faulting on their studies. IMHO, all those social
problems that the wider population only started to experience in he 20xx
where already explored in research decades earlier. I only remember few
research publications about those social aspects back then though (some
in the UK but more related to video collaboration than gaming).

Cheers
    Toerless

--
---