[ih] A paper

Guy Almes galmes at tamu.edu
Thu Jul 29 09:15:07 PDT 2021

Tony,
   Exactly.
   As a specific example, at one point in early 1988, I literally went
through all the network numbers we at Sesquinet (one of the
NSFnet-related regional networks) were receiving from the ARPAnet and
the Fuzzball-based 56kb/s NSFnet and figuring out, in case both
announced a given network number, which to prefer.
   During that era, given the limited number of such network numbers
that were 'live', this was manageable.  Given the rapid growth of the
Internet, during those days especially from the NSFnet world, this
quickly became an exercise I could not repeat.
   BGP was desperately needed.
	-- Guy