[ih] A paper

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Sat Jul 17 23:55:14 PDT 2021

On 18 Jul 2021, at 1:08, Bob Purvy via Internet-history wrote:

> Are there some decisions you think were *not* made for technical reasons? Particularly in the 80s.

I was not present in standardisation in the 80s. I started around 1990. Over time, I saw, specifically when later being area director and in IAB, arguments be other parameters visible in market economy. From my perspective, calendaring was the first real situation when technical arguments did not have any role at all in the IETF. It was just market economy (and the ability to expand the market the sponsors of the technologies had).

   Patrik