[ih] Funny how things work out

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Mon Feb 1 14:48:39 PST 2021

As long as we are harping on these sorts of things, I will throw in my pet peeve, not limiting a domain request to something reasonable. For example, there is small grocery in Harvard Square called Cardullos. They have Cardullos.com. They are small, they will never be nationwide, let alone worldwide. Why weren’t they asked to take Cardullos.ma.us?  Now who knows how many other businesses the greater Cardullo family has spread around the world. ;-) But there might be other more common names where taking a more localized domain name would be better and save all of the hassle and legal fees when world-wide Smith Co. finds out that that Smith.com is owned by a plumber in North Dakota. (I have no idea who has Smith.com, but you get my point.) ;-)  Look at MacIntosh:  computers, amplifiers, raincoats, an actual kind of apple, and who knows what all else!

John